How to fix the requirement hierarchy¶
Sometimes the requirement list will not look as you expect (on the main list view or in the sidebar when looking at a single requirement). Some nodes may be hidden that should be visible, or vice versa. This can happen due to the combination of expanding/collapsing different nodes / parent requirements, and filtering requirements by different fields. You can get this back to normal by doing the following:
- Go to the requirements list view
- Make sure you are looking at the hierarchy/tree view
- At the top is a dropdown that says: "--- show level ---"
- Select "All Levels" from the dropdown and wait for the page to reload (this resets any collapsing of requirements you may have done)
- If applicable, clear any existing filter (hit the
Clear Filterbutton above the table of requirements)
Why does my requirement status change by itself¶
Sometimes you may change the status of a requirement, then when you look at it again the status was the old status, not the new one you tried to change it to. What causes this?
- As a product admin go to Product Admin > Planning > Planning Options
- Look at the Requirements section
- There are two options that can keep a requirement status stuck: "Use Task Status" and "Use Test Status".
- If "Use Task Status" is enabled, a requirement will move to "developed" when all its tasks are complete (and cannot be moved to developed before that)
- If "Use Test Status" is enabled, a developed requirement will move to "tested" when all its test cases have passed (and cannot be moved to tested before that)