This roadmap outlines the functionality planned for future releases of the Spira platform (including SpiraTest, SpiraTeam, and SpiraPlan). Where not specified, a feature will be available in all Spira editions.
It is not set in stone. We are always listening to feedback from our customers and new ideas that will have the most impact to users.
It is not reflect all the work and changes we have planned. The roadmap focuses on large scale features. It does not include small scale features, enhancements, or bug fixes. We do not provide a public list of open bugs or enhancement requests at this time.
If you have any feedback or suggestions regarding this roadmap, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What has been released¶
Please take a look at our release notes to see a complete list of the changes (large and small) that we have recently delivered.
- Track changes to product membership and product role changes
- Add a new program level capability board SpiraPlan
- Streamline the first time user experience of the "My Page"
- Roll out tag support to all relevant remaining product artifacts
Rest of 2024¶
Evolve program level functionality with comment and attachment functionality, and enhanced associations to product level artifacts. SpiraPlan
New product team features so that members can receive notifications and let users assign a team to artifacts. SpiraPlan
Open up our SpiraApp ecosystem to third parties, with an online "marketplace" for customers to browse and install SpiraApps, so users can benefit from richer and more diverse features.
Update the user experience with more user friendly design, including navigating the application, reading long descriptions, and using the My Page.
Extend Spira’s powerful test set features even further, so users can run test sets in series, and can add test cases from other products into a test set.
Provide audit tracking of changes made by administrators, focused on product roles, product membership, users, and workspaces.
Improve product membership administration with more streamlined ways to manage very large product membership, including easier bulk operations.
Improve association tracking when baselining is enabled for associations between risks and requirements, and risks to test cases.
Add functionality to portfolios with "Strategic Outcomes" and "Portfolio Milestones" SpiraPlan
Enhance traceability with new requirement views and widgets, integrated risk traceability SpiraPlan, and integrated analysis of different association types.
Upgrade the user experience for key parts of the application, based on user feedback in 2024.
Further enhance administrative audit tracking with system and template level change tracking.
Longer term thematic ideas¶
The list below are features that we are focused on delivering but not in the above timeline. We look for ways to deliver each (all or in part) with smaller enhancements in the short-term, or to integrate them into our timeline based on user feedback.
- New testing tools: Dynamic/smart test sets whose test cases are live updated based on a set of user-controlled criteria.
- Enhanced source code management: the ability to tie a branch to a sprint or release. Code review tools built into the application.
- Time tracking: Enhancements to existing timecard and time logging features. Add the ability for a named user or role to approve a timecard.
- Resource tracking: New resource planning tools to let you plan activity based on required skills, time, and other metrics. Tagging users or teams (e.g. with skills) can help with this.
- Improved reporting templating: The ability to create a specific report using a preset document template, so that the report format can more closely resemble your company style.
- More control and visibility of notifications: Notifications can be triggered by changes to releases, and by changes to an artifact’s custom properties. Notifications can be flagged to a user and viewed by them from inside the application.
- Enhanced Support for BDD: Improve handling of BDD scenarios, and add the ability to convert BDD scenarios into executable automation scripts.