TaraVault® is the secure source code and file hosting service from Inflectra that allows you to host source code and other assets in our secure cloud, integrated with our SpiraPlan® application lifecycle management system.
This guide assumes that the reader is familiar with both SpiraPlan/SpiraTeam and the appropriate SCM platform (Git and/or Subversion). For information regarding how to use SpiraPlan/Team, please refer to the User Manual.
To activate TaraVault:
- log into your existing SpiraPlan or SpiraTeam instance (hereafter referred to as Spira) with a system administrator account
- open the Administration menu
- open the TaraVault page by clicking the 'TaraVault (Source Code)' link under the "Integrations" section of the system administration menu.
NOTE: If you don't see the above link it will because you are: self-hosted, are using SpiraTest, or are not a system administrator. Please contact Inflectra customer services to upgrade to SpiraTeam or SpiraPlan, if needed.
If TaraVault is not yet activated, the TaraVault page displays a message explaining just that. This is normal. Click 'Activate TaraVault' to activate TaraVault. Once this succeeds, the page will change to look like the image below.
This shows you you the following information:
- the number of available TaraVault users (typically this is unlimited)
- the number of active TaraVault users. When you first activate TaraVault this will be 1 - the system administrator. Click "view list" to see all TaraVault users.
- the name of your TaraVault account (this shoud match the name of your SpiraPlan application as shown in its url)
- the TaraVault ID, which is shown in parentheses after the acount name information
- the number of active TaraVault products. Click "view list" to see all TaraVault products.
Now that TaraVault is active, you can: